Tuesday 7 August 2007

A day in the life of a tube of glue

Hi everyone.
As Brian was golfing today I decided After doing the tasks I had set myself I would go to Tina's so we could have lunch together. I no sooner started the Ironing when the Phone went, all I could here was a panic stricken voice yelling HELP. it was Tina, I could not get out of her what was wrong.

I went armed with bread and strawberry cheese cake for lunch and got round as quick as my little legs would take me. What a state I found her in as the following pictures will show. The other day I loaned her (huh that’s a joke) a tube of glue to stick her innersole of her slipper back. First mistake.

This is how I found her, (Both hands together mind) How did you manage to phone in that state Tina. With great difficulty was the answer.

(Photo of the glue and another of the show firmly stuck to her hand).


What a mess, there was Tina with both hands stuck fast and no Dave, I wondered why it took so long for her to open the door! We tried everything, in the end we had to cut her hand out of the shoe... (Photo in front of curtain)


The tube of glue was a very different story, it kept springing leeks every where and I kid you not; it shot straight out on her tummy like a balloon full of water springing a leak. You will possible notice that Tina had to take a shower with glue still stuck to her and change her clothes due to them being stuck to her belly! He he
After the shower (which we had hoped would do the trick) it did not, we tried soaking the glue of in acetone but as you can see her hand could not go in the widest cup we could find!



Photo of cup after shower

We eventually managed to get it off her by dipping a stick in acetone and forcing her fingers apart!! The air was blue with screams of OUCH.

Well only Tina could put a sticky messy tube onto her shelve. You have guessed it, stuck again! Photo of Tina on shelve. Once we removed Tina the glue was stuck fast
(Photo of tube)



Dave returned home and came to our rescue…well sort of, as you can see once the glue was off the shelve it was firmly on him!!! Photo of Dave stuck! Once we removed the offending tube from Dave, poor Dave was left to chip the glue off!! Photo of glue being chipped.

Then you guessed it, once again it struck, it was not giving up with out a fight.


So Brian home from golf, and all I said I was going to do did not get done, I will clean out the jacuzzi while you are out I told him, still waiting to be done. Thanks Tina I not only did'nt get the work done, I was sore from laughing.

7 comments:

Croom said...

he he he he Cheeky., Tinax

weechuff said...

Wahahahaha!! Why am I not surprised? It could only happen to Tina:0) I bet you all had such a laugh, but underneath it all I bet Tina was worried about how she was ever going to get it off! That stuff is lethal isn't it? Your blog reads like something from Faulty Towers!!

Jeanette Spain said...

I only wish it was a movie,I could of got 250 from you've been framed

granny grimble said...

As I said earlier today ' Why am I not surprised?' It was very, very funny Jeanette, but would have been even funnier if you had gotten stuck to Tina, and Dave had become attached to you, and you had all had to walk in a stuck up crocodile line to find Brian, who would rescue you all! What a good job Tina's 'girls' didn't get involved! Wah! Ha! Ha!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Well, What can I say? It could only happen to Tina! having said that, ask Tina about Leeta and an omelet. I have know people have to be carted off to hospital to get released from a tube of Super Glue.

Gary said...

Oh my, what a farce! Ha ha ha! It certainly reads like a comedy sketch. :0)

Golfing in sunny Spain said...

Only Tina could do this, but we love her realy.
Brian Spain