Friday 10 August 2007

At 4-30 am we were dead to the world in the land of dreams when I thought I heard the door bell. When Tiny started to bark we knew something was wrong, as we were getting out of bed the doorbell went on and on with out a stop. Thinking it was Tina and something was very wrong we pulled dressing gowns on and opened the door.
To our surprise the young girl from next door was standing at our gate with her five year old son, finger on the bell so it was ringing continuous.
We could not get out of her what was wrong so got hr inside and calmed her down enough to get the story out of her what was wrong.
With it being so hot she had locked her grill door, but left the front door open. She had put her keys on the coffee table (about three metres away from the door) ready to lock up for the night.
She them fell asleep while watching t v, she woke up at 4-25 am to find two men in the house robbing it. When she screamed they ran out of the house taking her jewellery. Money, mobile, phones and as yet she is still missing things.
They got into the house by using a fishing rod through the open grill and hooking up her keys from the table and then proceeded to open the grill door and walk in.
They must have seen the door open and thought it a perfect opportunity to see what they could steel.
You should have seen the state she was in, she could not hold the cup of tea for shaking.
As they had taken her keys she was terrified to go back to her place in case they came back (which I can’t blame her for I would have been the same), Brian went to her place and brought every thing that could be carried into our house so I have TV’s DVD player music centre toys all in my spare room.
Her mother lives about 10 minuets walk from us, so we asked if she would like to stay at us or go to her mums, she wanted to go to her mums, but as it was still dark was to scared to walk round in case they recognised her personally I think they would be well gone but can understand her fear.
We told her there was no way we would let her walk there, that Brian would drive her to her mums.
I hope she is ok as it must have been a great shock to her, but we told her yes she has lost many things but the main thing is she and Layton her son were ok and unharmed it could have been a lot worse we could have been going to tell her mum instead of taking her to her mums. Phones and the other things can be replaced they can not be.


Jeanette Spain

13 comments:

granny grimble said...

Oh how terrible! That poor girl she must have been so terrified. She probably won't want to go in the house again! I remember when I was burgled. It wasn't what they took that upset me, as much as that someone else's feet had been standing in my private space in my house, strange hands had touched my belongings. It all felt dirty and violated. Does she not have a man in her life? What are the police like in Spain. Do they take this sort of thing seriously. She'll have to change all the locks now, won't she? Thank God that she and her son weren't harmed Jeanette. I you said it could have been so much worse.

weechuff said...

How awful Jeanette. I expect it was almost as much as a shock to you to be woken up at that time of the morning by an hysterical lady with her child. The poor girl. Who are the burglars usually? Do you have any idea? Are they Spanish or do you have a lot of immigrants who may be after money? I suppose it could be English people, but I doubt it, as they all seem a close knit community. Oh dear, things could have turned nasty I suppose. Is she a young mum or a more mature mum?

Jeanette Spain said...

She is a young unmarried mum so was in on her own.They were morocans that she seen in the house. the locks have been changed and we have told her to bang as loud as she can if she hears anything, but they will be long gone.
The police do not do much, when I got burgled when I first moved in my police neighbour told me not to hurt them just kill them and dump them on the beach, they would think they were illigal imigrants washed up as they don't like paper work that would be that.
like you say it's the thought that they have been through your things. At least I was out and did not come face to face with them.
Jeanette Spain

Croom said...

Jeanette you forgot to tell them what she was wearing!

granny grimble said...

Tell! Tell!

Croom said...

Well as it was so hot she had laid down with only a bikini bottom on, nothing else. It is a wonder they even had time from googling her to take anything!!

Jeanette Spain

granny grimble said...

What a wonder they they didn't gang bang her. I would think that she had a VERY lucky escape. Is that how she appeared at your door! Let me know if you hear how she is, poor little thing.

Croom said...

That is exactly what we said Leeta, about how lucky she was that she wasn't raped!

Jeanette Spain said...

She dressed to come to me, she is very nervous and keeps coming down to us with different excuses, I am sure she is just scared of staying on her own. she is moving to new place in 2 weeks time, as she is only renting her place.
We have told her we will be here for her when she needs us till she moves.
Jeanette Spain

granny grimble said...

That is so nice of you both. She must feel very scared still.

Croom said...

Come on Jay, another blog please. Tinax

weechuff said...

Hi Jeannette
I am just checking something with you. I have a link to your blog page on my blog. Would you prefer I removed it, or don't you mind who reads your blog? I personally don't mind who has my link, but some people do:0)
Sandie UK

Jeanette Spain said...

I don,t mind Sandie who reads my blogs. Please keep my name on your blog.
Jeanette