Saturday 29 December 2007

A very happy Christmas day

We had a wonderful time at Benidorm for Christmas, the hotel we had was very good and the food was too good you were spoilt for choice so had to sample lots.
Benidorm is known as the concrete jungle as it is all high rise buildings, nice to visit but would not like to live there.

The tall building is the Hotel Bali and is the highest Hotel in all of Spain, it stands at 186 mtrs. high. It is a five star hotel and quite expensive to stay in.Our hotel was very nice although only a four star.Here are a couple of photos of ours.
Benidorm is surrounded by mountain and this is what gives it the all year round weather (except when we arrive the rain was bouncing down but the rest of the stay was beautiful). the main mountain is called Sleeping Indian Mountain as when you drive along side it it looks like an Indian with his headdress of feathers lying down the side of the mountain and his mouth is open while asleep.

As you can see there is a gap which is quite large and the story goes:- A giant fell in love with a fair maiden from the fishing village of Benidorm as it once was, and her father forbid his daughter to marry the giant, in his anger the giant tore a chunk of the mountain out and throw it out to see hence we have the Isla De Benidorm.

This island is a bird sanctuary today with only a restaurant and bar on it, there are boat trips to it they run every hour just like a ferry so you can stay as long as you want to.This is the beach and one of the sand sculptures, there was one with the whole nativity scene but with the rain he had covered it over and had not removed the cover while we were there.

We had some presents with us to open on Christmas morning, but my main one I had to help Brian choose it as he was a loss What he wanted.

I got an iphone it is great, I can get my emails away from the computer which will be great when we are out in the van, and all my music on it and it has Microsoft words on. I connected it to my computer and all my documents downloaded to it. there is lots I have to learn what to do with it.When Brian was asked what computer I had (meaning Apple or Windows) he told them it was Packard Bell,I had do see the person myself and give details. The only thing is I had to change my number as my sim was Vodaphone and with this I had to have Movistar. As it's a Movistar (which 02 in the UK, ) it belongs to telifonica (BT in the UK as telifonica owns BT, they are the same company) so have had to learn a new number.


I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas's and you have a good year next year



A very happy new year to each and every one of you from Spain

Jeanette Spain

5 comments:

Croom said...

What a lovely blog Jay, I always find them interesting and enjoyable. I love your iPhone come magical instrument. Dave said that Telefonica brought BT, I didn't believe him :O)I thought Spain was a poor country, perhaps not.

Tina Spain

granny grimble said...

That was a lovely interesting blog Jeanette, as always! Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas in a lovely setting. I send best wishes for the coming year to you and Brian.
Una Feliz Año Nuevo
xxxxx

Babs (Beetle) said...

Lovely blog - again :O)
Looks like you had a grand time.

I think Telefonica and BT joined forces on Mobile phone deals and Broadband. Much the same as Mac and O2 have. I did a search, and as far as I can tell they are still two different companies - Telefonica Spanish and BT British.

Jeanette Spain said...

We are on telifonica land line and most things have BT on them

weechuff said...

A very enjoyable blog Jeanette. Your hotel looks quite luxurious! Have fun with your new toy, and a Happy New Year to you and Brian.

Sandie UK