Saturday 3 November 2007

Our favorite eating place

We took a trip into Torrevieja but in the daytime today. It is just as beautiful as at the sunset


We Had lunch and just people watched, there were the ones strolling in the warm November sun, a few brave ones in the sea, and ones watching the street entertainment from the Inca's.


This seat is the fisherman's wife looking out to sea for her husband to return home, he never did as there was a storm out at sea and the fishing boats were lost with all lives, this was in the seventies when Torrevieja was just a fishing village. today they have made this area for swimming, there are steps into the water.

After our meal we watched the Inca's and listened to there music fantastic sound, Of course Brian bought another of their CD's the sound of the pan pipes are beautiful(it is playing as I write this).

Brian loves the music of the Inca's and would love to be able to play the pan pipes so he had to buy someone large one and some smaller ones, I have told him he can practice them when I go round to Tina's.

After lunch we walked the few hundred metres to the promenade street market, this is a craft market with a good few lookie lookie men, While we were having lunch one came round selling sunglasses and watches, he was going from table to table when we saw the other lookie lookie men gather up their goods in the blankets they put on the ground to show there goods off and run down the prom, the one at the tables gathered his goods up and ran, it was so funny he was trying to hold ever thing in his arms while doing a hasty retreat, as you can guess the police were coming down the prom. As soon as the police disappeared back came the lookie lookie men and carried on where they had left off. Here is the one going round the tables.
love going round the prom market it is so colourful and as well as Spanish goods there is a lot from Africa most hand carved I



This market is on everyday of the week and is open till around 10 p.m. This is nice in the hot summer to stroll through the market then have a meal and drink ( only soft drinks though as I don't drink and Brian is driving) but we enjoy it all the same.
On the way back to the car Brian spotted a ship going into the loading pier to load up with salt to take to the U K for the roads, most of the salt from Torrevieja is exported to Europe for the roads this ship was a UK one. This is the salt piles near the salt lakes.

What a way to spend a November Saturday morning.

After we arrived home Brian decided he would try his pan pipes out.


I wonder if I can find a good hiding place where he cannot find them, I won't torture you with a video of the noise, I can't say tune if there was one I missed it.
Jeanette Spain

4 comments:

Croom said...

hehehehe, poor old Brian, he can come and blow at ours any time!

You take some good photos of what you see, I have never thought of taking pics of the many lookie lookie men that have pestered us! perhaps I shall be more camera conscious in the future.
Good Blog Jay.
Tinax

weechuff said...

What a lovely blog! So interesting again. We had the Incas come to the Savacentre in Kent, (I don't know if it is the same lot, and they travel all over the place?) We also bought their CD. Lovely haunting music.
I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see a video of Brian having a go!!

Gary said...

Course it's not the same lot! There are Inca groups in every town across the country(and probably now the world!) I always love listening to them too. They seem to have such a good time when they're playing. :0) Give me the pan pipes, I can play them. Mum can accompany me on the piano while Tina sings along!!!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Do me a favour Sindie! It woul;d be no good without my washboard!!!!